"He is no fool who gives up that which he cannot keep, to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Team Audrey-Joanna-Melanie

Well after much help from my fellow team-mates I was able to meet with them on Pronto this afternoon so that we could formulate our plan of attack on this technology review assignment.  I am blessed with such capable teammates, and so thankful that they know how to use Pronto, because it was a first for me!  We have identified our plan and prepared our questions, so I look forward to a field trip this week to our academic library choice.

I was very interested in the concept of universal design, and determined that my library is not nearly as up-to-date as I had thought we were.  The one thing I learned that I had not realized before was that disabilities come in much broader categories than just physical.  Mental, intellectual and verbal are all areas where people may be at a disadvantage, and it is important that libraries and areas of learning consider the needs of people who are lacking in these additional areas.  Perhaps if our public library was part of a more metropolitan city, we would have more assistive and adaptive technologies.  I am interested in learning what the larger libraries offer.  It would seem in a larger area you would have more patrons with needs.

My husband is in Sweden for the week on business, so I hope to be able to tackle my homework without distraction.  I just finished constructing a second beehive for my sweet hobbee.....I am looking forward to setting it up this weekend, and can't wait to get my next batch of bees!  I'm down to my last gallon of honey!

I wish you all a wonderful first week of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment