"He is no fool who gives up that which he cannot keep, to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Friday, March 25, 2011

Skype and Stuff

I think I erred by not commenting on my Skype experience in last week's blog.  I will fix that by mentioning in this blog.  Up until last week, the majority of my Skype experience was with my son overseas, and the quality of the audio and video were subject to time of day, weather, and number of Internet users online in my son's apartment.  I was very impressed with the quality of the sound and picture in those experiences I had for our class.  I was also pretty excited to learn about "sharing screens" with the other person.  I must point out that my mechanical engineer husband had never heard of that - and so I was able to educate him on the many resources available through Skype.  I heard him pass along that piece of new information no fewer than 4 times throughout the weekend to various family and friends - so I know I taught him something he felt was important!  Thanks, Library 105!

My Skyping partners, Joanna, Audrey, Amber, Mary and Susie (yes, I had five...what can I say, I'm blessed!  Tifarah and Sharon - you owe me one to make it unanimous!) were all easy to hear and see (when they had a webcam) and made the whole experience so enjoyable!  I knew you were all smart and friendly through your writing, and Skype just confirmed that in person you are just as approachable and patient.  I appreciate you all!

 Speaking of Twitter...

I am still enjoying my Twitter experience, adding to my Wiki, conversing with others on my Goodreads account, and assembling a Picasa slide show with pictures I've long been wanting to organize!  Yes, distance education is definitely not for the lazy, because there is always something to do!   Which reminds me, it's time to go work on my presentation!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment