"He is no fool who gives up that which he cannot keep, to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Quickie Wiki

My mother has a knack for twisting her words and creating some interesting malaprops without even being aware of it.   Whenever anyone in our family unintentionally misspeaks, we all roll our eyes and give credit to our being related to grandma.  One of her curious phrases which she has used when trying to get the kids and grandkids to bed, or out the door is "quickie wiki."  I always assumed it was just rhyming gibberish, so imagine my surprise when I learned this week that "wiki" means fast!  I have a new appreciation and respect for my mother's verbal recitations, and I am now curious to see if any of the others happen to actually mean something.  Could there really be a Dizzyland?  Is it possible to grow liberries?  Is that doctor edible AND credible at the same time?  Hmmm.   I think my mom has earned the benefit of the doubt!  And now, quickie wiki, I must get off this blog and make some meatboys and spaghetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment